Art Title:Saravanda de mi Pueblo
Size (in.):H: 34.00 x W : 44.00 x D : 1.25
Medium:Oil on Canvas
Saravanda de mi Pueblo
Antonio Coche Mendoza
Roll over the image to zoom in
This painting shows villagers in traditional Mayan dress dancing the Sarabande. Original oil on Canvas, signed, Original Signed Certificate of Authentcity, canvas: 36" x 26", framed: 44" x 34" The frame has a liner that is made from handwoven Guatemalan cloth.
Mendoza Antonio Coche Mendoza was born in 1968 and lives in the Guatemalan Highlands. He began painting when he was a child with crayons and temperas and at 6 years old won the first prize in painting in primary school. In 1980 he began painting scenes of his village in oil. Antonio He is one of the artists represented in the book, Arte Naïf: Contemporary Guatemalan Paintings, UNESCO/Fundación País, 2001.
* San Juan La Laguna, Guatemala
* Miami, USA
* 2003 Pyrus Colleciton Gallery, Park City, UT
* 2003 Oasis Café Gallery, Salt Lake City, UT
* 2004 American Embassy, Guatemala City, Guatemala
* 2004 Gallery at Library Square, Salt Lake City, UT